Complete the following tasks by Monday, February 4. Set aside 3-4 hours for completion since this is a more involved step.
- Continue reviewing regional climate impacts to prepare for Step 2. You can either view a recorded presentation or read one of the following reports for your region:
- Complete Step 2 of the Adaptation Workbook.
- Complete Homework 2 at the end of Step 2.
- Optional reading: Review the Forest Adaptation Resources, 2nd edition. Read Chapter 2 (pgs. 10-28) on assessing climate change vulnerabilities and developing vulnerability assessments.
- Additional resources: You may also want to look for additional vulnerability assessments or studies for your state or region at www.adaptationworkbook.org/resources. Select ‘Climate Impacts’ from the Subject dropdown.
Additional Resources and Reading
- State-wide Climate Summaries from NOAA can be found here.
- Additional information on tree species vulnerability, and shifts in heat and hardiness zones, found here:
- Find tree species habitat suitability information for the entire Midwest, Northeast and Southeast at the USFS Tree Atlas tool or select your location-specific information for these areas:
- Explore Shifts in Growing Degree Days, Plant Hardiness Zones, and Heat Zones using this interactive story map (maps display for the contiguous USA)